[for a full list of Administrative Outcomes from our service units, see below]
On this page, we’ll talk about Administrative Outcomes…for both instructional programs and service units at the College.
In either case, the definition we like to use comes from a presentation made by Terri Manning of Central Piedmont Community College. (Terri did a great job in setting us down the road toward developing outcomes assessment plans). Administrative Outcomes are what units and programs identify when they want “to improve services or approach an old problem in a new way…they want to become more efficient and effective.”
Examples of Administrative Outcomes may include…
- Anything/something related to our newest acronym: ARTSI. This is Dr. Youngblood’s concept for what the school wants to focus on: Access, Retention, Technology, Success, and Integration. Programs and Units can identify one of these areas as an administrative outcome;
- For instructional programs, a common, but often overlooked issue (when it comes to identifying admin outcomes) is Persistence. If your program is having persistence issues, this is a great way to explore.
Here are a number of real-live administrative outcomes from programs here on campus:
- Determine validity of Admission Process (Radiography)
- The facility is currently maintained on an emergency basis but needs to move toward a preventative maintenance program. (Aquaculture)
- The program should explore the possibility for including more ornamental and non-food type aquaculture.
- Aquaculture students need to have a certain minimum level of math proficiency before attempting to take aquaculture courses.
- On Line delivery of Medical Terminology is deemed satisfactory by students.
- Retention of 2nd semester students.
To view examples from each of our Administrative Divisions, click on the respective division.
- Finance/Business Office
- Human Resources
- Instructional Technology
- Plant Operations
- Grant Development
- Basic Skills
- Community Services
- Human Resource Development
- Occupational Extension
- Small Business Center
- Microenterprise Loan Program
- Academic Support Services
- Career and Academic Planning Services
- Curriculum Support Services
- Distance Learning
- Learning Resources Center
- Student Enrollment Resources
- Institutional Effectiveness
- Public Information
- Title III